POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Minor little bug? : Minor little bug? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:07:53 EDT (-0400)
  Minor little bug?
From: How Camp
Date: 11 Aug 2000 14:50:10
Message: <39944ae2@news.povray.org>
Hmm.  Is it just my system, or does this happen to everyone:

Using version 3.1g (or MegaPov 0.5a), I can select a portion of text, either
with the mouse or by holding down the shift key while moving my cursor.
Then, if I use the control key with my cursor arrows, I can move the entire
screen up and down one line (which is supposed to happen).  However, when I
move my cursor to a different position using the keyboard, the hilighted
portion of text remains hilighted.

If I click with the mouse on the same side of the hilight that contains the
cursor (above or below the hilighted portion), it will also remain.

I know, I know, it's completely nit-picky and has nothing whatsoever to do
with the functionality of POV, but I figure it might be a simple fix...

As a side note, I did want to check ahead of time to see if this hadn't
already been mentioned, and came across this statement in "How to post bug
reports" from p.a.f-a-q posted on 1/4/99:

"There is a list of bugfixes for the most recent versions of POV-Ray
posted in the povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions group."

Uh, I couldn't find it.  Anyone (ahem, Uncle Ken?) know where the current
list is?  The document also mentions that possible bug reports should first
be discussed in povray.general, but since this is a windows-only bug, I
figured it belonged here.

- How